For every aspirant, both position (SBI PO and SSC CGL) are of great significance. In this article, we will compare and contrast between them and try to figure which job is superior to other in most conclusive way.
So, let’s begin our discussion : -
1. While joining the office, the salary of SSC CGL officer is around 52-55k while salary is around 43-47k. So, SSC CGL have upper hand but not all posts are offered this salary package.
2. In banking sector, pays are revised after 5 years while in Central Government (SSC), pays are revised after 10 years. It implies that bank employees get more salary increments than Central Government employees. In addition, after clearing JAIIB and CAIIB certification exams, employees in Public Sector banks are given a salary increment of 2k.
3. In both state bank of india PO and SSC CGL top ranked working, perks are almost similar.
4. In this, the promotions are more frequent than SSC CGL posts and so salary increments are also frequent and regular. In a time span of 10 to 12 years, a state bank of india PO can become Chief Manager and can earn a salary of 80 to 90 k per month. In SSC CGL, the promotions are primarily based on seniority and not on merit.(Download Makemyexam App For SBI PO ONLINE VIDEOS AND LECTURES)
5. Besides salary increments and promotions, there are other major factors like experiences, respect, stability in life, and peace of mind that also makes a great difference between these jobs. For instance, Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax is more reputable job than AGM of this bank.There is also hectic working schedule which can be seen, big targets and huge responsibilities and duties to perform. So, they have less enjoyable moments in life than Central Government officers. There is more peace of mind in CGL vacancies as the work load is limited within working hours. It helps them in maintaining good balance between home and work. Likewise, they have less accountability and more quality time to spend with colleagues, friends and family.
6. The future prospects of state bank of india PO are better than Central Government officers. It is because the professional growth is far superior.PO gets a chance of foreign posting, posting in investment department and even in FOREX department. In a time span of 15 to 20 years, an SBI PO EXAM can become Regional Head Manager and with a team of 220 to 500 employees can manage business of thousand crores. In past experiences, a large number of probitionary officer have been promoted to post of General Manager and some have even become Chairman of the Group and Deputy Governor in Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
7. As far as transfers are concerned, in both organizations (SSC and SBI), it is based on promotions and seniority. In SSC, the transfers take place in every 4 to 5 years (except in CSS jobs, where candidate is posted in Delhi) while it takes around 2 to 5 years in this job.
8. With the advent of digitalization, banking sector is growing at a rapid rate. The new challenges and advancement in banking sectors have made the job of SBI PO 2020 more enterprising. The popularity of internet banking, mobile banking and wallets have given a thriving boost to entire banking sector, especially in thi, India’s biggest banking organization. An officer gets an opportunity to learn new techniques every day and this makes this job very interesting. In SSC jobs, the working environment is limited to office work and so there is little to learn. After few years, employees feel dullness and this makes these jobs monotonous.
It becomes difficult to decide between the two jobs as both have their pros and cons.
The choices, preferences and even perception may vary from person to person. Nonetheless, both these jobs deliver job security, good social status, financial benefits and above all peace of mind of living a prosperous life. Against all odds, the majority of aspirants prefer the job of SBI PO than SSC CGL jobs, as it guarantees better future prospects in all aspects.
In case you are located nearby the fantastic city and preparing for SSC or any of the government job exams then you can find SSC COACHING INSTITUTE IN GURGAON as an ideal institute to accomplish your goals!!!
All the Best!!!